Monday, June 28, 2010

GAMES: Creating the world of BERYL TALES

Sometimes one hasn't enough time to create high definition artworks using copic markers etc. During the production of BERYL TALES I defined the functionalities of the buildings and skibbled them only roughly as a guideline.


Using this image as a checklist I started modelling the buildings using Truespace 3D modelling software. 
The shot below shows a digital skribble, not an ingame shot. To test the buildings I just copied images of the buildings onto an isometric grid. So I could see what worked and what won't.


Note that the project name changed during production. This is quite usual as sometimes a name is already been taken by another project or company.


As BERYL TALES was a free-2-play browser game we used classical 2D-graphics, using traditional tiles. Note the repeating patterns. During development I did several passes on those textures to eliminate those recognizable patterns...

No comments:

Post a Comment