Tuesday, December 27, 2011

WRITING: Enjoying the quite season...

I am writing...

Right now - well, I am not referring to my blog, but my next tale.

It is a curious thing, as these new heroes unfold their characters and traits to me, their wishes and sorrows. They come alive with each line I am writing.

Sometimes, those things work out, sometimes not. Sometimes I have to erase a line, altering they fate, their characters, their destinies...

However, what helps me most, is the quite nature of the season between the years. Shops closed, people are more friendly. There is no rush, no pressing matters, no phone calls - except from dear friends.

Do you remember Bilbo, sitting in his study? Somehow today I feel like him, sitting at my desk, staring at maps and notes, preparing my next adventure...

Bilbo writing, Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson, 2001

Well, I wish all of my dear readers to have a great season merry X-mas and a Happy New Year.



No comments:

Post a Comment