Monday, August 26, 2013

KYLE | Introducing the Art of Sandra Püttner

Sandra Püttner, 2013

I love creative collaboration. Sandra Püttner, a chartacter artist and game designer, currently living in Japan, interpreted some of my new characters.

(c) Characters from the Kyle-Saga, Sandra Püttner, 2013
Sandra and I talked a lot about the characters and how they feel. We even had a writing/drawing session together. While I was writing, she sat next to me and drew the dancing motion of the young woman, for example.
I love those live-events,  listening to music, eating chinese food - and talk about what needs to be done, what can be perfected or what new ideas have the potential to find their way into the novel.

Sandra already interpreted another character of mine, which was AZARYA. Check out this image here, where she added a pipe. That pipe didn't made it into the AZARYA-novel, but instead into the new one.

(c) 2012, Sandra Püttner, Azarya.

Now, Sandra can give very precise feedback and can criticise in a very constructive way, something I like very much. Soon I'll tell you more about our session in which we gave Kyle another haircut;-)

Oh, and check out her website: Sandra's workspace;-)

Stay tuned! Cheers,

Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment